Temple of Learning...
The Central Library, the great learning resource is available for the staffs and students of Medical college and Allied Health science (AHS) school. It is located at Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital at Dr Shanmugasundaram Block and is indeed a Temple of Learning. This library was established in the year 2000 and has 2 floors. The library is divided into different sections with a total area space of around 1665 sq.m with 13889 volumes of books inclusive of 4365 titles, 4563 E-Journals, 23 International Journals, 82 Indian Journals, 2651 Back volumes, 6 daily Newspapers and 241 books in Book bank and 850 CDs and DVDs. The ProQuest electronic database is available for online journal access. The users are provided with a separate ID and individual password with free Wi-Fi connection to access online database usage. The hall is fully Air-conditioned with 390 seats with sufficient distance spacing. The library is maintained and protected with safety measures and fire alarms. This is fully automated with the RFID kiosk along with KOHA Software to facilitate the students in an automated lending system.
The library is upgraded with the latest information for all specialties of Undergraduates and Postgraduates education in Medicine and Allied Health Science. The books are classified with the UDC (Universal Decimal classification) system to stack arrangements of medical books according to subject wise. We also use AACR (II) Anglo American Cataloguing rules II to arrange the books accordingly. The Central Library, therefore, provides high-quality service to meet the expectations of the user.
Imparting quality medical education for the betterment of society.
A center of excellence offering medical education for the students and contribute to society, nation and the world.