About The Department
PEDIATRICS is a branch that cares for New-borns, infants, children, and adolescents.
The Department was incorporated during 2003 and it’s dedicated his care for paediatric patients all around near and far the hospital.
The Department comprises of 3 units2general paediatric units and 1 neonatal unit which offers high-quality care, research and innovations. Its works constantly on updating, preventing rehabilitative services in an advanced way.
The other specialities department such as Paediatric Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, nephrology, neurology, ENT, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, plastic surgery and Pedodontia, physiotherapy and occupational therapy renders their supports for the best care and treatment for the child patient.
Adding to the services, this department works round the clock with laboratory services, blood transfusion services for therapy for the child patients.
- Pediatric ward has 70+5 PIW no of beds with beds in PICU and has 4700 (13 – 15 admission per day)admissions per year.
- OPD renders its services between 8.30 AM and 4.30 PM with23379 outpatients per year.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) has 05 bedded unit, with around 365 (1-2 per day) admissions per year. Neonatal unit has intensive care, high dependency care and special care facilities along with routine newborn care. We offer advanced neonatal care in terms of care of extreme premature babies, mechanical ventilation, parenteral nutrition, dialysis and neonatal surgery. Except for complex cardiac surgeries, all other management is available under one roof. Apart from offering the high quality clinical care, we are also active in research and innovations.
- Comprehensive health checkup (growth and development monitoring)
- Disease management
- Investigations and imaging
- Genetic Counseling
SPECIALTY CLINICS AND SERVICES
- Child Welfare & Well baby clinic on Monday
- Immunization clinic on Wednesday
- Pediatric Cardiology on Monday
- Nutrition Clinic on Tuesday’s
- Pediatric Nehprology on Tuesday’s
- Hematology & Thalaseemia on Wednesday’s
- Paediatric Endocrinoloyg on Wednesday
- child Guidance clinic on thursday
- Paediatric Gastroenterology on Thursday
- Child Rehabilitation clinic on Friday’s
- Paediatric Neurology clinic on Friday’s
- Neonatology (high risk newborns) on Saturday’s
- Paediatric Asthma Clinic on Staturday’s
- Diagnosis and management of acute illness
- State of the art Pediatric and Neonatal intensive care services
- Postoperative care of surgical Patients (Shared care with Pediatric surgery)