Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
Establishment and Growth
The department offers training in the basics of dermatology, using traditional and innovative methods. All faculty members and PGs are provided with Internet connection for clinical learning and research purposes. We have normal and clinical histopathological slides for regular small group teaching and discussion with students. The department has a well-equipped minor OT where all clinical and cosmetology procedures are done.
The faculty meet all requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and learning. The laser and UV chamber rooms are airconditioned and the discussion room is equipped with audiovisual facilities for easy learning.
The Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy is involved in the training of undergraduate students of MBBS and postgraduate students of MD (DVL) programmes.
- Issuing of phototherapy card for patients receiving NBUVB and PUVA phototherapy
- Issuing of pamphlets to patients with dermatophyte infections
- Counselling to adolescent acne patients for better treatment compliance and avoidance of adverse effects
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Regular, undisturbed daily PG teaching programme
- Easily accessible faculty for students
- Cosmetology setup with lasers for scar revision and pigment removal; chemical peels and dermabrasion equipment
- Phototherapy unit (UVA and UVB)