Vision: To increase the spectrum, coverage and overall efficiency of laboratory testing in the region.
Mission: To offer high quality, efficient and accurate testing with fast and reliable turnaround times.
Central Lab Head: Dr. Manju. M, Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry
The central Diagnostic Laboratory of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital is situated in the hospital block.
- Area- 2350 sq. feet; fully air-conditioned and computerized
- A spacious blood collection area, IP OP sample collection and result despatch area
- Separate processing areas for Biochemistry, Pathology and Microbiology
- Performs around 3000 diagnostic tests per day in areas of Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Haematology and Microbiology
- All test services offered for patients COMPLETELY FREE OF COST.
- The lab services are available 24×7.
- The laboratory is equipped with FULLY automated analysers like Horiba, Mindray, Chemwell, miniVidas etc.
- Qualified consultants from the three departments of biochemistry, pathology, and microbiology take part in the diagnostics and are aided by qualified and experienced technicians.
- A turnaround time of around 4 hours for regular samples and 1 hour or less in instances of emergency is maintained.
- Reporting of the samples is done only after two levels of internal quality controls pass quality checks. Reports are stored in a database and issued in typed format.
- The lab takes part in external quality assurance schemes like CMC EQAS, AIIMS etc.
- All NABH recommended standards are followed and 8-10 quality indicators are maintained on a regular basis.
- The Central Laboratory plays a major role in faculty research, postgraduate research and dissertations, STS projects and undergraduate research.
- Practical training programmes for Allied Health Sciences and paramedical courses of the Institute and short-term training programmes for students from other institutions in branches of Biotechnology, MLT and Biomedical Engineering are conducted.
- Providing zero error 24×7 central laboratory diagnostic services to enhance patient care.