Establishment and Growth
The Department of Radiology and Imaging is one of the premier departments of AVMC&H. The department has made rapid progress over the years, to become one of the most advanced imaging centres in the region. The growth of the department, especially in recent years has been phenomenal. This department provides advanced and cost-effective radio diagnostic/ imaging services, besides offering quality undergraduate and postgraduate training programmes.
The department is completely equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. This department caters to the underprivileged people of not only Puducherry but also to adjacent districts of Tamilnadu. A team of dedicated and experienced faculty members form the backbone of the Department of Radiology and Imaging Science.
The faculty members are supported by a competent team of Radiological Safety Officer, Radiology Technicians, assistants and support staff.
Department of Radio Diagnosis offers PG Course – MD-RD and other allied health science courses like B.Sc and Diploma in Radiography.
- Reports of Cross-Sectional Imaging are given immediately for outpatients as well as for in-patients with minimum turnaround time.
- 24 X 7 emergency services in all modalities.
- Skill development programme for postgraduates, CRRI and faculty
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Providing a thoughtful recommendation to reach a specific diagnosis.
- Anchoring the favoured or differential diagnosis with key findings.