Dr. Premanath Fakirayya Kotur
Provost, Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital
Dr. Premanath Fakirayya Kotur, Provost – AVMC campus Pondicherry, has over 45 years of professional experience in serving Health Universities, Medical colleges and Hospitals. He is an MBBS, MD, Ph.D (Medical Education) FICA. He was working at JN Medical College, Belgaum Karnataka from 1989 to 2012 as Sr. Professor- Anaesthesia. He also worked as first Registrar for KLE University, Belgaum from 2006 to 2012. He worked as Vice-Chancellor of Sri Devaraj Urs Health University, Kolar (Karnataka) from 2012 to 2016. He also served as Dean/Director, Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Ammapettai between January 2016 to November 2019. Further he worked as Dean AVMC Pondicherry from Dec 2019 to June 2023.
Dr. Kotur was the Chief editor of the prestigious Pubmed indexed national journal viz. ‘Indian Journal of Anaesthesia’ for two terms from 2001 to 2006 and editor of an international journal viz. ‘SAARC Journal of Anaesthesia’ from 2007 to 2012. He has more than 100 Scientific publications, Book Chapters and presentations and delivered more than 40 guest lectures/orations at national/international conferences. He is well–versed with NAAC/NABH accreditations, UGC, MHRD reviews and MCI/DCI/PCI /CCIM inspections, statutes, regulations of UGC/MHRD/MCI/DCI/PCI /CCIM etc.
Mentioned below are the few coveted achievements of Dr Kotur: –
- First Indian anesthesiologist to get elected as a Member of the Executive Committee of the World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists ever since its inception in 1948. (2008-2012)
- First Indian anesthesiologist to get elected as editor of “SAARC Journal of Anaesthesia” (2007-2012)
- First anesthesiologist from Karnataka to get elected as president, of the “Indian Society of Anesthesiologists” (ISA) ever since its inception in 1947 (2007-2008)
- Worked as editor of the national journal “Indian Journal of Anaesthesia” for 2 terms (2001-03 & 2004-06)
- Founder Editor, “Karnataka Anaesthesia Journal” (1996-1998).
- Participated as resource person in six consecutive World Congresses of Anesthesiologists viz., Australia (1996), Canada (2000), France (2004), South Africa (2008), Argentina (2012) & Hongkong (2016)
- Participated as resource person in five consecutive congresses of SAARC Association of Anesthesiologists in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India 1999-2013
- First Anaesthesiologist in Karnataka state to be the vice-chancellor of a health university.
- First Anaesthesiologist of Karnataka who has been conferred the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award 2014’ by the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists.
- First PhD in Medical Education from the state of Karnataka