MSc. Medical Biotechnology
Salient features of Medical Biotechnology at AVMC
The M.Sc., Medical Biotechnology program is a two-year postgraduate course that provides students with in-depth knowledge and practical training in the field of medical biotechnology. This medical biotechnology masters program is a choice-based credit system (CBCS) to support the new type of training where mentoring and tutoring with active research is an integral part of the academic life and learning experience of a student. Some of the salient features of M.Sc., Medical Biotechnology program are:
- Curriculum: A progressive curriculum designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of various aspects of medical biotechnology, including molecular biology, genetic engineering, tissue engineering, drug design, and molecular diagnostics apart from foundational knowledge from medical subjects.
- Practical Training: Focus on hands-on practical training in various techniques and methods used in the field of medical biotechnology. Ample opportunities to work in external laboratories and gain practical experience.
- Research-oriented: Training research methods opportunity to carry out research projects in their areas of interest.
- State-of-the-art Facilities: At central Research Lab, Library, and Academic infrastructure.
- Experienced Faculty: The program is taught by experienced faculty members who have expertise in the field of cell biology, molecular biology, synthetic biology, microbiology, genomics & medical biotechnology and provide students with valuable insights and knowledge.
- Interactions with Clinicians: The student of this program will have the golden opportunity to discuss with doctors regarding patients’ disease pathogenicity and able to understand the underlying molecular mechanisms of the disease condition.
Two years (Four semesters)
B.Sc., (50% of aggregate marks) in any branch of Life Sciences (Zoology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology/MLT), MBBS, BDS, BVSc., or equivalent thereto.
- Read the eligibility criteria and other important information mentioned.
- Fill in the online application form and upload all the required documents.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified through email or on the website.