Dr. B. Vishnu Bhat
Advisor, Medical Research & Publication, Aarupadai Veedu Medical College
Dr.B.Vishnu Bhat, Advisor –Medical Research & Publication has over 40 years of work experience in teaching Pediatrics and Neonatology and has been part of medical education and research at JIPMER, held various senior positions including Dean research before retiring as Director- JIPMER. He has been an undergraduate and postgraduate student of JIPMER. He had his neonatology training in the University of Illinois, Chicago, USA. He has 382 research publications to his credit and has contributed over 60 chapters in books. He has also edited two books, one on protein energy malnutrition and another on NICU protocols of JIPMER. He is an associate editor of the Indian Journal of Pediatrics. He is credited with initiating the DM(Neonatology) and PhD programme ( Neonatology) in JIPMER.
He has been honoured with several awards in recognition of his work:
- Best scientific paper award – JIPMER Scientific Society – Thrice
- BR Santhanakrishnan award for best paper in Tamilnadu IAP
- Oration of National Neonatology forum -TNSB-2013
- Life time achievement award of Indian Medical Association, Pondicherry
- Oration of JIPMER scientific society -2014,
- Raj-neocon oration -2016,
- Award of NNF fellowship -2014,
- Internal oration during JIPMER research day -2017
- Dr.Shanmugha sundaram oration during Neocore 2019
In his current role, he will be interfacing with STB at Chennai and would be working closely with the Dean, HOIs and IRC in AVMC campus and coordinating with URC at VMRF, Salem. He would be spearheading all the research activities at AVMC Campus across health sciences faculties (Medical, Nursing, FAHS, Physiotherapy).