MSc. Medical Microbiology
Medical Microbiology has gained humongous popularity in recent times among aspirants who want to pursue a career in medical science owing to its rapid emergence & associated scope. Our M.Sc. Program is equipped with the most recent & relevant curriculum and contemporary learning approaches.
Skills like problem solving, critical thinking, reasoning, research, laboratory maintenance, lateral thinking abilities, recent updations & entrepreneurship are enhanced through seminars, guest lectures, workshops, projects, internship and dissertation included in the course curriculum.
The department believes that applied knowledge and acquired skills is essential, hence it offers standard quality of education to the students. We take pride in providing our students with the needed cutting edge technology & state-of-the-art facilities such as well equipped lecture halls & advanced library to render the course fruitful.
Salient features of Medical Microbiology at AVMC
M.Sc., Medical Microbiology is a three-year post graduate course that arms the
students with the needed knowledge and practical exposure in the field of medical Microbiology. The master’s program is a medical microbiology choice-based credit system (CBCS) to support the new type of training where mentoring and tutoring with active research is an integral part of the academic life and also learning experience of a student. Some of the salient features of M.Sc., Medical Microbiology program are:
- Curriculum: A specifically crafted curriculum for the students to provide an in-depth understanding of various aspects of medical Microbiology, including molecular biology, microbial genetics & molecular diagnostics.
- Practical Training: Special emphasis is given to the students in the field of practice by organising hands-on approaches.
- Research-oriented: Exposure in the field of Research will provide an opportunity for the students to conduct studies in their line of interests.
- Experienced Faculty: The program is designed to operate under the guidance of experienced faculty who have expertise in the field of clinical microbiology, serology, virology and molecular biology which provide students the valuable insights and knowledge.
Course duration: Three years (Six semesters)
Eligibility: B.Sc., (50% of aggregate marks) in any branch of Life Sciences
B.Sc. MLT, (50% of aggregate marks) in any branch of Life Sciences (Biology, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology), BVSc., or equivalent there-to.
- Read the eligibility criteria and other important information mentioned in the information brochure.
- Fill in the online application form and upload all the required documents.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified through email and institute’s website.