Facilities for Teaching & Learning
The department of respiratory medicine is at the forefront in adopting new technological advancements in the teaching-learning process. The department has an ICT enabled air-conditioned lecture hall with a capacity to accommodate 175 students, a well-equipped library with over 170 books, computers with an internet facility and ICT enabled seminar rooms for effective learning. E-Resources like ProQuest, Scopus and Clinical Key are made available for students and faculty. Students and faculty can access these resources from distant places too. The faculty are motivated to upgrade their technical skills and also motivate students for the same. One example is utilizing LMS “CAMU” software for the teaching-learning process. The department has been given LAN connections, Wi-Fi and an additional modem to facilitate uninterrupted online classes and a common computer with all facilities for faculties to conduct online classes.
- Overview –The Department of Respiratory Medicine plays an important role in diagnosing and treating common respiratory conditions at a very affordable cost for the patient.
- We have a lot of other departmental cross-referral patients who come with some other disease but sometimes have a respiratory symptom or disease that needs evaluation.
- We also provide bronchoscopy & medical Thermoscopy services free of cost for needy patients who are admitted to the respiratory ward, which normally would cost them a fortune in other private hospitals.
- Unique feature inpatient care (eg. Daycare Surgery, Zero-delay casualty).
- Daycare bronchoscopic procedures both diagnostic and therapeutic
- Polysonogrpahic studies.
- COVID 19
- Bronchial asthma
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Occupational lung diseases
- OPD services (Day, Time, Venue)
- Monday to Friday: 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM
- Saturday: 8.30 AM to 1.00 PM
- Special clinics (Names, day, Time)
- Timing: 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm
- Monday – Smoking cessation and Deaddiction Clinic
- Tuesday – Bronchial Asthma Clinic
- Wednesday – Bronchoscopy Clinic
- Thursday – COPD Clinic
- IP Services ( Type of wards, High definitions Units/ ICUs, Facilities available)
- One Male, Female General Ward & RICU
- Emergency services provided
- Insurance schemes
- Patient welfare activities
- OT Services
- Patient feedback on services