Facilities for Teaching & Learning
- We do regular seminar presentations and journal club meetings.
- Our faculty and postgraduates participate in CMEs, conferences and workshops organized internally and externally.
- Monthly IKEA meets conducted by Pondicherry Orthopaedics Association are attended by our post graduates for collective knowledge shared by experts, where multiple cases are discussed.
- Online/ Webinars organized by various Orthopaedicians /Hospitals/Organization are attended by our faculties and post graduates.
The AVMC Orthopaedics department has an OPD strength of average 150 patients with two well-equipped fully functional OTs. We have arthroscopy, arthroplasty, spine, and trauma cases coming in on a regular basis. The ward strength, including males & females, on average, is around 65.
Unique feature of patient care
- Emergency casualty care
- 24 X 7 fully functioned OT & casualty including E-OT
- Physiotherapy for all trauma and necessary cases
- Day care surgery in sports medicine and minor trauma cases
Clinical Problem treated
- All injuries and bone-soft tissue, including spine
- Joint problems
- Deformity correction
- Paediatric patient care
- One male, One female, Isolation ward, Post –op ward, SICU, Special ward
- Emergency services
- 24 X 7 emergency OT and 24 X 7 doctor availability
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Scheme
- Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
- Free meals provided for HOSCON and all patients
- Free medication counter available
- Free physiotherapy
2 Modular OT – Septic OT, E- OT