Student Support Activities:
- College provides scholarship/fees concession for undergraduate students.
- Bridge courses & special classes are conducted for slow learners.
- Quiz competitions are conducted for advanced learners.
- ICMR projects are organized for advanced learners.
- A sports and cultural committee organizes cultural and sports activities at the college level and at an inter-college level.
- There are a student’s council and an alumni association for students.
- A sports committee where students and faculty are members.
- Students are doing research activities under the guidance of faculty.
Well- being, etc.
- There is a student’s grievances cell that will address the student grievances and take appropriate actions.
CME Programmes / Guest Lectures/ Conferences / Seminars/Workshop Organized
|S. No||Name of activities||Type of activities||Level of program (National/International)||Date||Number of participants||Credit points|
|1||“Current concepts in Obstetric and Neonatal Care” involving anesthesiology, Obstetric and neonatal specialties||CME||National||17.10.2019||108|
|2||Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry and Indian society of Anesthesiologist , Puducherry chapter||Symposium||State||14.12.2019||120|
|3||Workshop on Basics of Ventilation||Workshop||State||22.02.2020||56|
|4||Virtual Celebration of “World Anaesthesia Day” Lecture on “Basic concepts in Anesthesia for Postgraduates”||Guest Lectures||State||16.10.2020||150|
|5||Virtual CME on “Acute coronary syndrome and challenges in anaesthetic management”||CME||national|
|6.||Virtual workshop on “Difficult airway”||workshop||national||9.01.2021|
|7||Scientific Program- PG FOCUS 2022||Scientific Program||state||13.03.2022|
|8||Online Webinar on ventilator Variable and their interpretation and Ventilator Graphics||Webinar||State||28.05.2022|
|9||Workshop on “Focused Intensive Care Ultrasound”||Workshop||State||07.10.2022||2|
|10||ISACON Puducherry 2022 13th Annual State Conference||Conferece||State||08.10.2022||4|
- We train postgraduate students, CRRI, paramedical students and faculty in BLS and ACLS on a regular basis in the skills lab.
- In association with the Puducherry ISA branch, we conduct CME programmes.
- This year we have taken over the charge of ISA Puducherry on behalf of AVMC Puducherry.
- Free camps have been conducted for hernia cases along with surgery department and procedures are done free for all screened patients.
Overview – describe the key role played by the department in hospital
- We have well-equipped infrastructure and well-trained faculty to run the operation theatre for elective and emergency patient care, on call for 24 hrs.
- We also take care of patients in intensive care unit.
- We train students and faculty in the skills lab.
Unique feature in patient care (eg. Daycare surgery, Zero - delay casualty)
- Day care surgery
Clinical problems treated (eg. Acne, DM infertility, etc.)
- Pain management
OPD services (Day, Time, Venue)
- Elective theatre: 8.30am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday).
- Elective theatre : 8.30am to 1.00pm (Saturday).
- Emergency theatre: 24 hours
Special clinics (Names, day, Time)
- Pain clinic: 9.30 am to 12.00 pm (Wednesday & Friday)
IP Services ( Type of wards, High definitions Units/ ICUs, Facilities available)
- Receiving area, operation theatre, recovery room, post-operative ward and surgical ICU.
Emergency services provided
- All emergency surgical services are available for 24 hours.
- Star Health Insurance
- MD Health Care Services India
- Tamilnadu Chief Minister Scheme
- Tamilnadu Ex-serviceman
- Tamilnadu Employee
- Prime Minister Health Insurance Scheme
Patient welfare activities
- Conducting free camps for surgical procedures
- Elective surgeries are done from Monday to Saturday 8.30 to 4.30 pm
- Emergency surgeries are done on 24 hours basis.
Patient feedback on services (can be give as quoted text)
- Patient feedback obtained on discharge.
- Ultrasonographic guided nerve block technique for surgical procedures and post-operative analgesia and central vein catheterization.
- Simulation-based training to CRRIs, postgraduates in BLS, ACLS, and IV cannulation.
Unique Features Of The Department:
- 100% BLS, ACLS, hands-on training to all CRRIs, postgraduates.
- Palliative care services.